Monday, May 11, 2009

call me Miss Cleo because I can see the future

How does that saying go? Hindsight is 50-50 and it truly is. I think it's funny when people give you the big "I TOLD YOU SO" when something happens to you and they claim that they've said it all along from the beginning. What is it that we gain by saying, "I told you so"? A sense of accomplishment? We are truly psychic? I must admit that I've done it in the past and I prolly still do it now, but I think the main reason we do it is because we feel good in knowing that we were right, but at the expense of a person's failure in whatever it was.

As friends, we're suppose to be supportive of one another endeavors, no matter whatever the case may be. However, there are times when we put our foot down or we just can't agree/support with what they are doing. That is a sign of a true friend. Instead of this blind loyalty that we believe we are binding by, we challenge one another sometimes by telling them we hope for the best for them, but can't go along with their decision because of various reasons.

Observing this notion in a relationship setting is where is gets interesting. You have friends from all over saying different things like:

"He/She is legit, you two will make a great couple"
"He/She is a jerk/biz, stay away from him/her"
"You two got my support. I want to see it happen"
" If you go after him/her, you'll be making a big mistake."

Everyone is a critic. If everyone likes him/her, they must be someone special. But in the end, your friends always got something to say. If they think they know, they usually don't until after something happens. So listen, but don't take everything to heart. Sometimes it's about taking a risk, taking a chance, getting throw curveballs, getting knocked down, but in the end getting back up again.

2 comments:

Alan said...

agree...most people is afraid to take a chance because they can't get back up...lol

JSA said...

dr. leto strikes again.